Re: PGP5, mutt, and signed messages

In article <[🔎] 19990708124940.A8001@neuromancer.ihug.co.nz> you write:
>One other thing, I saw references to 'language.txt' and
>'language50.txt' (for PGP2 and PGP5, respectively) in the Mutt
>docs. However, it appears that the Debian package doesn't come with
>these files. Would this be considered a bug, and if so, should I file
>a report? Or is there a Debian policy which doesn't include such
>things?

I submitted bug report, 39184 on this. The files in question are supplied
with the mutt source code, so I believe that they a freely available.

However Wichert Akkerman closed the bug report. I believe he was
confused and thought that the files were supplied with PGP, and
as such had the same license restrictions. This is wrong. The files
do not come with PGP - they are supplied with the freely available
mutt source!!!!

I submitted further messages to the bug tracking system on this, but
Wichert Akkerman hasn't replied or reopened the bug report - maybe I
should do it myself before it expires??? (side note: how do I do this?)

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>