Re: Bind

>> "Brian" == Brian Schramm <schpage@pagesz.net> writes:

Brian> On Tue, 06 Jul 1999, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

Brian> I thought forwaders where for a local network.  That is why I
Brian> did not put any in.

No, if you have a LAN and want to resolve the IPs you use therein, you
set up a primary for this zone. This is like your ISP having a
primary zone for the IPs it uses.

>> I believe you have a misconception about the thing you want to
>> setup and solve. What should your bind cache, and where does it get
>> this info from? Where did you read about this bind <->
>> addressrewriting connection?

Brian> I got this from the sendmail.org web site.  It clames that you
Brian> need it running in order to do vurtual hosts and address
Brian> rerouting.

Hmm. I thing you read the solution to a totaly unrelated problem.

Please describe your home setup (one or more hosts, connection to the
internet, IPs used, hostname --fqdn etc.) and what you want the final
setup to look like.

Virtual hosting is nothing you usually do behind a small dialup
connection.

I can't help you with sendmail, but maybe someone else can. Eitherway,
we get a better picture of what you want to do.

BTW: you should consider dumping sendmail in favor for exim. It is
much easier to understand, and has extensive and readable
documentation.

Ciao,
	Martin