Re: Fax

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Cuno Sonnemans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How is it possible that you can't
> fax in linux with a class 1 fax modem
> Using mgetty+sendfax.

As far as I understand the mgetty-documentation, mgetty cannot use
class 1 fax modems.

> Does anybody know a way to send a fax
> in linux with a class 1 fax modem

I use efax and it is working very well.  However, I remember having
trouble after upgrading to slink and solved the problem by compiling the
package from potato/main/source.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not
      lean on your own understanding."
                                        Proverbs 3:5