Re: Huge hard disk...how to partition

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 07:03:27AM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:

> My idea was to partition as follows:
>
> #1 ext2 /boot containing only the boot image ~ 100mb
> #2 ntfs or vfat 4-5gb for windows
> #3 swap (128 -256mb) does 2.X support max swap size > 128mb now?
> #4 ext2 / rest of the disk (mount entire system here after image loads,
> then mount /boot)

You may find that with a new motherboard (possibly with a bios upgrade if
its been on the shelf a while) you don't have to worry about the 1024
cylinder limit.  Otherwise I've also seen some (many)  recent motherboards
that put that limit at around the 8GB point so putting your boot image first
might not be necessary.

As someone else mentioned, have a look at vmware.

--
Ray