Re: ultra ata/66 controllers

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Varga Robert wrote:

> Does anyone have some experience with ultra/ata 66 controllers?
>
> Do they operate under Linux, if they do, do I need to use some special
> drivers to them, or they work out of the box?
>
> If I do need, where can I find them?
>
> What are the experiences with Promise Ultra/ATA 66 and with the Abit
> Hot-Board controllers?
>
> Robert Varga
>

> --
/dev$

I've got one of Promise's Ultra/66's running just fine here at work. We've
got it running under kernel verion 2.2.6 with a patch for the controller.
Patches against 2.2.10 are at http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma.

JDM

--------
Jason D. Michaelson         | Debian GNU/      o http://www.debian.org
mich0101@tc.umn.edu         |          _
ares0@geocities.com         |        / /    _   _     _  _ __  __
Jason.D.Michaelson@cdc.com  |       / /__  / / / \// //_// \ \/ /
http://www.tc.umn.edu/      |
~mich0101                   |   ...because lockups are for convicts...

Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that
there must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one
on the other end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with
a silver-handled knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony
DeBoer