Re: Unable to start X11

This message is associated with the physical card and
the settings the card will try to run in graphics mode.

Check you card to make certain you are selecting the
proper manufacturer and model and check the frequency
(Horz and Vert) capabilities of your monitor.

Run xf86config once you have all the information.

Peter

Artur Correia wrote:

>  Help!I recently installed Debian GNU/Linux on my machine.I've
> installed all the packages related with X11, and managed to
> successfully configure XFree86.The thing is, whenever i attempt to run
> startx the following message appears:Fatal server error: no valid
> modes foundX1TransSocketUnixConnect: Can't Connect:errno=111.giving
> up.xinit:connection refused (errno=111):unable to conncet
> Xserverxinit:No such process (errno=3):Server error I've already tried
> different monitor configurations, the error message slightly changed,
> but the outcome was the same.Agian,help!!!Artur Correia :-(
begin:vcard
n:Iannarelli;Peter
tel;fax:1+ 416 929 1056
tel;work:1+ 416 929 1885
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.GenXl.com
org:GenX Internet Labs.;Operations
adr:;;238a Gerrard St. East	;Toronto;Ontario;M5A 2E8;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:Peter.Iannarelli@GenXl.com
title:Senior Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;30656