Re: Adding fots to wordperfect

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 09:52:37PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> Is there a way to add fonts to word perfect (8)?
> I have a lot of fonts of all kinds on my system, the quwstion is, can i
> tell wordperfect to use these fonts, and do i need to translate them into
> anything (I so it had some extra files, pfb anf afm in one dir, and pcf +
> bdf in another (I thiink for the same fonts)).
>
> Also if anyone hapens to know if there exists a hebrew language module for
> WP8 for lynux?
>
> Thanx
> michf@math.tau.ac.il

It is quite anoying that Corel released the free version of WP8 w/o many good
fonts.  What you are supposed to do is buy the Commercial version.  That way
you get your fonts, and Corel gets some money.

I don't think there is any way to use your system fonts w/ WP8.

There are other ways around this limitation though.  I am not sure of the
legality of this, I should re-read the EULA, but if you can get your hands on
one of the old 30 day demo release canidates for WP8, you can copy the fonts
from the release canidate to the free version.  This operation also requires
copying a couple files from the release canidate to the new version.  The
result is a free time-unlimited version of WP8 w/ all the fonts from the 30-
day trial versions.

--Bill