Re: Just my opinion

This is very true. I like it:

"Try this analogy ... Slackware is like building an unassembled model kit. All of the pieces are there and they are precut to assemble together provided you have a little skill and follow the directions."

Although he may have exposed weaknesses in Debian, though, it really doesn't mean anything. Debian doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. OK, maybe some interfaces could be a bit better and maybe there could be a bit more documentation, but its being worked on. This is a community project, not a corporate sweat shop. If you want what you expect, go install Redhat. If you want what you don't expect, install Debian or Slackware.

From: Kent West <westk@nicanor.acu.edu>
To: grep@oriole.sbay.org, Debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Just my opinion
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 00:04:20 -0500

George:

 I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that over the past year
I've been subscribed to this list I've developed an opinion about you
that whenever I see one of your posts I think, "Finally, here will be
some solid knowledge, delivered with tact and grace, from what appears
to be a really decent guy." (I don't actually think those words of
course, but the idea is there floating in my subconcious.)

This comment you sent just reinforces that perception. I really
appreciate you hanging around the list and offering so much help.