Re: Just my opinion

I started with Debian after one year of windows 95 experience.  It took
some patience and persistence but I've learned a lot.  Difficulties are
not barriers to learning they are learning.  Which distro a person
starts with really is up to what the person wishes to do with it.  I
took some time picking the disto that I felt was right for me.  My
impression after reading various information on the net was RedHat was
easy to install and user friendly, Slackware was the most difficult to
deal with and Debian was somewhere in the middle.  I chose Debian
because I wanted a challenge (but not too much) and it wasn't a
commercial distro.  After a few weeks with Debian I thought maybe RedHat
would have been a better choice for myself.  I did not anticipate how
hard it would be switching from Windows.  With encouragement from people
on this list and a change in my attitude from 'being in a huge hurry' to
'I want to learn I can always use Windows if I have to' I found a very
pleasurable experience in using Debian.  Have fun with whatever disto
you choose:)
Good Luck,
kent