OK, My turn for some help - KDE and apt

I am now up and going and would like to install KDE. As well as update my
slink dist for any updates. I know I need to make a few entries into my
sources.list file for the updates but am unsure of the "normal" way to
download KDE. Do people use apt for this or just plain old ftp?  I assume
that once I install KDE, I can use apt to keep it up to date. But to do the
first install I was wondering how to go about it.

I suspect that KDE didn't get installed due to my earlier 2 binary CD
install problem.  I gather it would be on CD 2 in the contrib directory - is
this right?

Jason E Carley
Merrill Lynch - Sydney
Ph: +612 9225 6942