Re: Just my opinion

Hi Max,

Well I can certainly appreciate that you're frustrated and fed-up!  Linux can be a PITA in the beginning, but if you can manage the initial learning curve there's lots of interesting stuff to do.  Lots of people use Debian, and it's a community effort, so I don't think it's useless (of course if you think the documentation is rubbish then the great thing is that in the future you can become a developer and help cure the problem) but then I guess you were just letting off steam :-)

This mailing-list is here to help, so you've picked the right place for your call for help...but you're going to have to be more specific about your problems.  I guess sometimes it's a little hard to see the wood for the trees: so pick your most irritating problem and lets see if everyone here can't help you solve it.  You'll need to provide information on what your hardware is, specifically what you're doing and exactly what erro messages you are getting.

I hope you won't give up - but it won't be easy, you have to persevere and be prepared to beat down many problems along the way.

Best wishes,

Steve