Can windows remember keyboard layout under X?

Hi all:

I'm using locale and xkbd. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere to
make each window "remember" its state of keyboard layout... So that if
I switch to another language in Licq, it would stay that way, and when
I turn back to emacs, the layout woud be the one that I used when I
left it.

Thanks for any input!

--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate