A small help needed in Opti931 sound card configuration

Hello,
   I need some help in setting up an OPTi82C931 based soundcard.
What I did was,I downloaded the evaluation version of OSS (20 minute
version),and got it working in the single shot. Using it I made a note of
the IRQ's
and DMAs and the io addresses.Then I uninstalled it and compiled the kernel(2.2
.10)with the options specified in the Documentaion/sound/Opti file in the kerne
l docs.My isapnp.conf looks like this.

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE )
(IDENTIFY *)

(CONFIGURE OPT0931/-1 (LD 1
 (IO 0 (BASE 0x0530))
 (IO 1 (BASE 0x0388))
 (IO 2 (BASE 0x0220))
 (IO 3 (BASE 0x0e0c))
 (INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
 (DMA 0 (CHANNEL 0))
 (DMA 1 (CHANNEL 3))
 (ACT Y)
))

#mpu
(CONFIGURE OPT0931/-1 (LD 3
 (IO 0  (BASE 0x0330))
 (INT 0 (IRQ 9 (MODE +E)))
 (ACT Y)
))

# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)

(CSN 1 (LD 0 (REG 2 (POKE 4)))) # to make it non-PnP

# Returns all cards to the "Wait for Key" state

(WAITFORKEY)

My conf.modules look like this
              .
              .
              ;
              .
              ;

#alias <whatever you don't have that kerneld complains about> off
# some aliases for the Opti sound

alias mixer0 mad16
alias audio0 mad16
alias midi0 mad16
alias synth0 opl3
options sb mad16=1
options opl3 io=0x388
options mad16 irq=5 dma=0 dma16=3 io=0x530 mpu_io=0x330 mpu_irq=9
post-install mad16 /root/ad1848_mixer_reroute 14 8 15 3 16 6

               .
               .
               .  etc

Is there anything else needed??? The program ad1848_mixer_reroute.c was compile
d and put in the root directory.While running it I got the output "/dev/mixer:
no such device".The device exists,but the driver is unable to initialze it seem
s.
  Can you please help me in pointing out the problem??

  regards

Ramakrishnan M
World Wide Web: http://www.ee.iitm.ernet.in/~ee98m09
--
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
 left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."