Re: gnome session-panel & X problems

brendon@pangeaconsulting.com writes:

<< I installed gnome and e. The session panel doesn't seem to load up. All i
 can do is right click and middle click.>

What does your .xsession file say?  You might not have panel listed as
booting up.

< Also, another problem i'm having with X:
 	When I Log out, the window manager closes, (the borders and such
 disapear) but the system doesn't return to gdm. It sits in X till i press
 ctrl-alt-bkspc. Anyone know why this might be? I can't figure it out. >>

Why not just start an xterm and use the shutdown command?  There's not really
anything you can't do in X that you can in console.  Hope this helps.

Colin Winters