Re: script for compiling the kernel

*- On  3 Jul, Steffen Evers wrote about "script for compiling the kernel"
> As I've compiled the kernel so many times and wanted to keep all the
> output of the make commands and make it more comfortable for newcomers
> I've written a script that does all the things AFTER make xconfig as
> secure as I could get it.
> I would be happy if people improve it, send me feedback or simply use
> it.

Have you looked at the Debian kernel-package package?  Seems like it
would be better to improve on that than re-invent the wheel.

Package: kernel-package
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 416
Maintainer: Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
Version: 6.05
Depends: perl (>= 5.002-8), dpkg (>= 1.4), dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.0.9), fileutils (>= 3.16-4)
Recommends: libc-dev, gcc, debianutils, make
Suggests: kernel-source
Conffiles:
 /etc/kernel-pkg.conf 28320856966555b9d568cf827129bbf8
 This package provides the capability to create a debian
 kernel-image package by just running make-kpkg kernel_image in a
 kernel source directory tree.  It can also build the kernel source
 package as a debian file, the kernel headers package. In general, this
 package is very useful if you need to create a custom kernel, if, for
 example, the default kernel does not support some of your hardware, or
 you wish a leaner, meaner kernel.

--
Brian