Brave New Perl

Hi,

I tried to do a dselect update on my potato box today. New Perl debs caused a
lot of trouble.

After dselect saw the new Perl's it wanted to remove A LOT of (important)
packages so I had to say no to the upgrade. Then I tried to freeze the Perl
upgrade to be able to do the other avaialble upgrades, but no go. whatever I do
dselect wants to do major changes to my system. Some Perl packages described as
"fake" confuse me, and I have given up using dselect at all right now since
whatever I try to do means all these packages will be removed and I am not able
to freeze the old Perl with ='s in a way that leaves my installation intact.

Should I wait until other packages "catch up" with the new Perl installation? If
I have a lot of packages marked for removal right now. I guess I will have to
go through it all and mark them installed again also?

Help needed! :) TIA

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Email: cdysthe@bigfoot.com