Re: procmailrc file suspicious?

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 06:38:40PM -0500, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:

> Now when I use fetchmail and it tries to read my .procmailrc it tells me it is a suspicious file and won't read it.
> Anyone know what is going on here?  My rights are set to read/write for everyone.  My user is the owner and group.

Could you be more specific?  How is procmail being invoked?  If you mean
.fetchmailrc, you should have it set og-rwx.  Try a similar thing for
.procmailrc, ane make sure it's a regular file and not (for example) a
symlink.  The exact error messages would be helpful.

> Any suggestions?  Also, any suggestions on how to remove that '~' subdirectory without destroying my home directory again?

Specify a more complete path to it, such as

   rm -rf ./~

from the parent directory.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/