Re: bz2 format

> Hi all,
> Pretty simple question , but I meet with .bz2 format first time and
> checked man and info with no result. Please , tell me how "zip" and
> "unzip" form this format?

First, you need the bzip2 package installed.  If it's not installed, you
can install it this way:

	apt-get install bzip2

(assuming your /etc/apt/sources.list file is set up correctly).

Once this package is installed, you just use the bunzip2 command:

	bunzip file.bz2

Check the manpages for bzip2 and bunzip2.  This compressor is the most
efficint one in regular use under Linux--- for example, the kernel
source tree takes about 12 MB when compressed with gzip, 9 MB under
bzip2, IIRC.