Re: Where's Apt?

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 10:55:16AM +0300, per_adua32 wrote:

> I recently received an E-mail from this mailing list
>
> It was suggested that I make changes to:
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> It seems that this file does not exist on
> my system. Moreover I can't seem to find
> anything to do with apt. Could someone say a
> little about where I could get this program.

A not-so-elegant, but effective way to get it:
	http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
	type "apt" in the search box and hit "search"
	once you download it, use "dpkg -i apt-xxxx.deb"
		to install it

> I have been using dselect with a cd-dom that
> I bought, and I tried to use it to find apt
> but I've had no joy.

strange that it's not on your cd... it it old? (the cd, that is)

> Does someone know any good sources of info
> viz the usage of apt.

there is much documentation in /usr/doc/apt

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu