fan speed, temp monitoring etc.

Most of the new motherboards features such as:
    CPU, mainboard temprature
    CPU, power supply fan speed
    Voltage level monitoring.

Guess it must be quite difficult to obtain a general purpose monitoring software

as the hardware implementation of such features seem to be motherboard
brand specific.

Just wondered if there is some piece of existing linux software for ASUS
motherboards.
Though I am quite new to Linux ( 1.5 years ), I have some programming experience

and I am  considering to start a project for mainboard monitoring software.