Re: Help identify motherboard (486)

Matthias Murra <Matt.Murra@gmx.de> writes:

> >It looks like it was bouhg in 1994 or around that time. I'd appreciate
> >any pointers as to where to look for its specs. I'm also interested to
> >know whether there have been any BIOS updates, and BIOS manual too,
> >because I've never had a 486 before...
>
> You might want to try this site
>
>   http://ping4.ping.be/bios/

Thanks a lot, I determined the motherboard manufacturer -- TMC (Taiwan
MYCOMP), and apparently the m/b model is PAT 48AV. Unfortunately, none
of the 486 m/b's are listed on the company's website...

> for finding information, and the c't-BIOS utility could also help you in
> determining exactly what type of motherboard you have, so that you
> can have a look at the manufacturer's web site, although there may not
> be any BIOS updates, manuals etc. available for a motherboard this old.

Well, at least I know what I'm looking for... Thanks again.

--
Arcady Genkin
"... without money one gets nothing in this world, not even a certificate