Samba and mount

 I am using slink and kernel 2.2.1. When trying to smbmount
 a drive from an NT maching, I get the error message:
 SMBFS: need mount version 6
 mount error: Invalid argument.

 I am using the same command in another linux box with slink
 and kernel 2.0.34 and there is no problem.

 mount -V for both machines gives 2-9g. I find it difficult to
 believe that slink would have version 2-9.g if version 6 is
 available. Am I misinterpreting the error message? Where
 do I get the latest version of mount? Will it create other problems?

 Thanks

 Sebastian Canagaratna
 Department of Chemistry
 Ohio Northern University