Re: Problems with new hardware

On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 11:09:51AM -0500, Andrei Ivanov wrote:

> When you replace something like motherboard in the system, you have to
> recompile th ekernel for it.

Why would you have to do that?  I could see if maybe you already had a
customized kernel with, for example, pentium optimization set, and then you
downgraded to a 386 but the kernel that comes on the Debian CDs is pretty
generic.

FWIW I use the same machine to compile kernels for 10-12 different debian
boxes and about the only thing I change is the sound related stuff.

--
Ray