Re: [LINUX] How to change the boot logo

	Subject: Re: [LINUX] How to change the boot logo
	Date: Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 08:24:17PM +0200

Quoting Sami Dalouche(samid@ifrance.com):
> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:12:49AM +0200, Nico De Ranter wrote:
> >
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I just recompiled my kernel so that I now get a nice penguin logo
> > when I boot :-).  Is there any way I can change this logo? (I'd like
> > to add some details about my system next to it, kind of like a SUN
> > when it boots)
>
> I tried to get a penguin logo but it doesn't work on my 2.2.X kernel :
> I have an ATI Xpert Play and I've said yes to mach64 support and when
> booting, a few seconds after Lilo, I get a black screen with some
>  weird stars and Linux don't want to boot.
>
> Which card have you ?

Did you read *all* the Docs.

I have this in my lilo.conf
Image    = /boot/Slink-2.2.10
  label  = Slink2.2.10
  Root   = /dev/hdb2
  VGA    = 0x317     <--------  This does it, for me anyway.
  append  = "hdd=cdrom lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none"

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
Unquestionably, there is progress.  The average American now pays out
twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.