Re: -xrm option to X apps

*- On 30 Jun, G. Crimp wrote about "-xrm option to X apps"
> 	Just wondering if anyone knows what the -xrm option does for apps
> that run in X.  man X gives a little blurb, but it is not very clear.  I've
> tried a couple of experiments like:
>
> 	xterm -xrm title=foobar
>
> but it doesn't seem to work.  The is no discussion in man X about the syntax
> of expression in -xrm <expression> so I don't know if the above is correct.
>

> 	Anyone have knowledge of this curious little command attribute ?

It is used to set resources on the commandline.  An example, xterm can
have a resource of

XTerm*cursorColor:      	green

in your Xresources file.  You can use the -xrm to override this on the
command line like,

xterm -xrm "*cursorColor:red"

Now xterm can use the -cr command line switch for the cursorcolor but
there are resources that do not have a command line equivalent, I
didn't feel like digging through the man page.

--
Brian