apt-get with a local tree ...

 Hello, ...

 I have a local mirror of the debian ftp archive on my syjet
 cartdridge. I tried upgrading a slink system to potato with apt, but
 :

I mount my (i386) archive on /syjet, and have the following line in
/etc/ap/sources.list :

deb file:/syjet/debian unstable main.

but apt-get (version of potato, as of last sunday) complains :

apt-get update

Err : /syjet/debian unstable/main Packages
some stuff about local archive should not begin with //

Why is that ? On my ppc system, i have used apt-get all the time with
a similar apt line (the same i think), and didn't encounter this
problem.

I installed an apache web server, and used a line like :

deb http://localhost/~my_login/debian ...

And it worked fine (but the scsi driver got unhappy, so ...)

BTW, what is the best list to ask about scsi drivers, i have a tekram
310 card, and the ncr53c8xx driver of kernel 2.1.1 complained a lot,
and broke my file system, while try with the symbios 53c8xx friver of
2.2.10 kernel.

Please respond to me directly, i am not subscribed to debian-user ...

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER