Re: 2 NICs - help please

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 10:26:37AM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
> What is isapnp?
A program to configure ISA PnP devices. You will need it for most of those.
Just do
   apt-get install isapnp

> I've told the BIOS that I don't have a PnP OS.
Which means, the BIOS should do the configuration of the card. Which some
do right, some don't. What are the other settings available in this section.

> I haven't tried removing a card.
>
> Are you thinking of removing the PCI, getting ISA to work, reinstalling the
> PCI and loading the tulip driver?
Yes

> would like a way of getting the correct io address.
with isapnp probably. It's not exactly user friendly, but it's efficient,
once you get the hang of it.

> Why does your email come as a *.dat attachment?
?? It should have a pnp signature attached to it, but why the body is an
attachment I don't know. mutt does it.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source