Re: vnc-doc conflicts with vnc??

*- On 29 Jun, Rob Mahurin wrote about "Re: vnc-doc conflicts with vnc??"
> On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 10:37:39AM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:
>> *- On 25 Jun, Rob Mahurin wrote about "vnc-doc conflicts with vnc??"
>> > Why does vnc-doc conflict with vncserver and xvncviewer?  That is dumb.
>> >

>> Because the old vnc and vnc-doc packages are replaced by the
>> newer split packages vncserver, xvncviewer, etc.
>
> Allow me to be more specific: where did the rest of the vnc
> documentation go?  I like unneccessary information and have trouble
> with the idea that the html markup in the obseleted vnc-doc package
> caused a 20-fold increase in its size.  I dislike reading
> documentation on the internet.  That is the dumb part.
>
> I will probably do a dpkg --force-depends on this, but that seems an
> ugly kludge.

Ahhhhh, I see.  I failed to see that there still exists a vnc-doc
package.  I would call this a bug in the vncserver and [s|x]vncviewer
packages.  They need to have versions on the conflicts.  They need to
conflict with the older vnc-doc from 2.0 but now with the vnc-doc from
2.1.  I will file a bug report.   To install the slink vnc-doc use
--force-conflicts.

dpkg --force-conflicts -i vnc-doc*.deb

--
Brian