Re: vnc-doc conflicts with vnc??

On Sat, Jun 26, 1999 at 10:37:39AM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:
> *- On 25 Jun, Rob Mahurin wrote about "vnc-doc conflicts with vnc??"
> > Why does vnc-doc conflict with vncserver and xvncviewer?  That is dumb.
> >

> Because the old vnc and vnc-doc packages are replaced by the
> newer split packages vncserver, xvncviewer, etc.

Allow me to be more specific: where did the rest of the vnc
documentation go?  I like unneccessary information and have trouble
with the idea that the html markup in the obseleted vnc-doc package
caused a 20-fold increase in its size.  I dislike reading
documentation on the internet.  That is the dumb part.

I will probably do a dpkg --force-depends on this, but that seems an
ugly kludge.

Rob

00:20 ~ $ du -hc /usr/doc/vnc-doc/
[...]
650K    /usr/doc/vnc-doc
650K    total

[ran apt-get -f install vncserver xvncviewer here]

00:27 ~ $ du -ch /usr/doc/vncserver/
23K     /usr/doc/vncserver
23K     total
00:27 ~ $ du -ch /usr/doc/xvncviewer/
5.5K    /usr/doc/xvncviewer
5.5K    total

--
I'm going to live forever, or die trying!
		-- Spider Robinson