Re: vim 5.4m BETA packages

Previously Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:
> I tried to install your version on a slink system (with slink GNOME stuff
> installed) and it seg faulted.

Hmm, perhaps I should have mentioned that. I compiled these on an unstable
system, so the resulting binary will indeed only run on other systems
running potato due to the move to glibc2.1 .

> I'm compiling the packages from your source tree now to see if that will
> work.

Indeed. Please note that you need to have python-dev, tcl8.0-dev and
perl installed if you want to create proper vim-pyton, vim-tcl and
vim-perl packages.

> (Note that vim-rt refused to install due to incompatible dependencies
> on my slink/GNOME.slink system.)

That's weird. Can you tell me what went wrong?

Wichert.