Re: still configuring PPP :-(

Thanks Jon,

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> Have you tried calling your modem by /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1 /dev/ttyS3?

Yeap.  I also installed wvdial and it searches for the modem in ttyS0 and
ttyS1 but not in ttyS2, which where it is.  This was tonight.  On Friday
it did look into ttyS0 - ttyS2.  Don't know what happened now but I ran it
several times and it only looks in 0 and 1.  It finds nothing.

 > Hint:
on boot-up you will see some serial
port info like: > /dev/ttyS[0-4] <I/O Address> <IRQ Number> <UART Type>

Yes, I do see this at bootup.  It shows only ttyS0 and ttyS1 with their
respective I/O address, IRQ, and UART type.

-Isabelle