Re: A stylistic question?

	Subject: Re: A stylistic question?
	Date: Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 05:38:10PM +0930

Quoting Michael Talbot-Wilson(mtw@birdseye.view.net.au):
> > Hi.  I finally worked out how to do the Linux equivalent of batch files
> > (scripts) and was wondering if there was a generally accepted directory
> > for keeping user (and/or root) scripts in.
>
> I don't think there is, but it is generally accepted that anything that is not host-specific (such as binaries, which depend on the CPU) should go under /usr/share.
>
> Unless someone has a better idea I would put general-purpose scripts in /usr/share/bin.

If you only want them for yourself then /home/bin would be fine.  If
you want them available to other users then I would use /usr/local/bin.
I didn't see /usr/share in the default Debian path although it could
be added.

--
Weinberg's Second Law:
 If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs,