Proxy server - how to setup two NICs

Hi all,

I need to set up a proxy server/firewall for a permanent wireless interent
connection.  Got all the bits and pieces.  It'll be a P166MMX, 64 Mb RAM and
a 2Gig hdd with 2 PCI ehternet cards, one a RealTek 8029 and the other a
Dlink 528.  I'll spend the evening putting it together and installing debian
tonight.

This will be my second time installing Linux.  How do you install 2 NICs?
Do I need to know irq, io stuff, etc?  Are there any conflict type probelms
I need to know about?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Wise Chinese Proverb:  "If tired of computer winning at chess, try it at
kick-boxing instead"