Re: How to pronouce "Debian"?

On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 11:19:55AM +0100, Frankie wrote:
> Further to this I understand the stress to be on the first syllable - DEBian.
> May well be wrong though :-),

No, you're right.

I'm absolutely positive.  In December of 1996, I had lunch with Ian Murdock
(we were both Purdue students at the time), and this is one of the
questions I asked him.  So I feel I can correct just about anyone on this
issue if they pronounce it wrong.

My only regret is that I didn't have a PGP key at the time, so he couldn't
sign it...

BTW, love the hostname. :)

--
G. Branden Robinson              |       "To be is to do"   -- Plato
Debian GNU/Linux                 |       "To do is to be"   -- Aristotle