Re: apt 0.3.7 breaks dselect?

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:23:08 -0500 (EST), Brian Servis
<servis@purdue.edu> wrote:

>*- On 23 Jun, Brian Greenfield wrote about "apt 0.3.7 breaks dselect?"
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just installed apt 0.3.7slink0 from netgod.net and I
>> can no longer use the apt method of dselect. Update and
>> Select work OK, and Install will fetch the required files
>> but won't configure them. The error message given is:
>>
>>>/usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install: /usr/bin/dpkg/: Not a directory
>>
>> I presume the double-slash is the problem, but I can't find
>> out where this comes from.
>>

>This error message says the the program
>/usr/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/install can not find the directory
>/usr/bin/dpkg/.  The double slash is not a problem the slash on the end
>of /usr/bin/dpkg/ is.
>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>Nope, works fine for me. =)

Funnily enough, it seems to be working for me too, now. At
least, I couldn't reproduce the problem when I was about to
test a fix that had been emailed to me[1].

I've got a strange mix of local, standard and
not-so-standard debs. I guess that's what my problem was/is.

PS

Brian, if you follow-up this post, please do so only to the
Reply-to address. That way, you won't receive a bounce.

[1]