Getting Mpeg Trackname?

Hi,

I've looked through the man pages for splay and mpg123 but I can't find an
option to output the trackname information from an mp3 file.

I have quite a few mp3 files with unhelpful filenames, I want to write a
script to rename all the files according to the names of the groups and song
names but I can't get the names from the files.

Any info regarding programs or c/perl librays that might be helpful would be
great. TIA.
--
Best Wishes,
Andy Holmes <andy@proxima.force9.co.uk>

We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.
        -- Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates