dhcp server

Hi,

	I tried to setup the dhcp-beta (server) under slink. The machine
has two interfaces. I would like to serve only one, say eth1.
	I edited the dhcp.conf file, the server was started but the
clients couldn't get dynamic IPs. Both, Win98 and Linux clients.
	The conf file has just simple entries, since a single
192.168.9.0/24 range will be served.
	The relevant parts are:
-------------
server-identifier 192.168.9.1   # eth1

option domain-name "boo.br";
option domain-name-servers 200.136.xx.xxx;

subnet 192.168.9.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 192.168.9.2 192.168.9.254;
  option domain-name-servers 200.136.xx.xxx;
  some other options; # I didn't recall from memory
}
----------------
	What could be wrong with this? What else should I configure?
	The eth1 interface support MULTICAST. Even though, I set I route
for 255.255.255.255 manually, but didn't help.
	With tcpdump, I can see bootp and bootps being sent to
255.255.255.255. The clients machines, when booted in Win98, auto assign
some random IP if can't get via DHCP. After this I can see bogus data
being generated from them. So the network cables are okay! If I define
appropriated routes, I can even ping them.

	Please, I would appreciate any help, hint or suggestion on this.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21