Re: [wtopa@mindspring.com: Re: New windows]

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 05:05:33PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote
> ----- Forwarded message from Wayne Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 17:02:36 -0400
> From: Wayne Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>
> To: Anthony Campbell <acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: New windows
>

> 	Subject: Re: New windows
> 	Date: Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 07:18:34PM +0100

> Quoting Anthony Campbell(acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk):
> > On 22 Jun 1999, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > >
> > > 	Subject: Re: New windows
> > > 	Date: Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 08:35:44AM +0100

> > > Anthony
> > >
> > > What version are you running?  I have Version: 0.53.0-2 and it is
> > > running fine.  Take a look in /usr/doc/wmaker-usersguide-ps/guide.ps.gz
> > > That should help you get on your way.  The orhewr docs are in
> > > /usr/doc/wmaker.
> > >

> > My version is 0.20.3-5, which perhaps explains my problem. Where did you
> > find the later version, and does it work with slink?
> >
> > Anthony
> >
> I am also running Slink and I believe I picked it up from potato some
> time ago.  I just checked and the version in potato is now 0.60.0-2.
> Don't know if that will be able to run on slink without a glib2 update
> or  not.  You could try it and if it says you need glib2.1 'I' would
> say no, and cancel the update.

I'm using wmaker_0.53.0-1.9.slink.1, which I picked up from the gnome staging area
(url temporarily misplaced, but I got it from this list - check the
archives).  It's likely to install other stuff, but it's all built to
work nicely with slink.  There are gnome and non-gnome versions of both
icewm and wmaker there, as well as other stuff (Gnome 1.0).  Works for
me, modulo some minor drawing problems that are probably in the xserver.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au
john@huiac.apana.org.au