I need some info/piece of mind before installing linux

I got a CD with the Debian realease(a cd from the Boot Magazine's suplementary CD).

I guess all in all im fine with just blazing over my hard drive with linux, but i really want to keep my mp3 files, text/doc/wri files, my webpage, and real audio files.  If you could only tell me one thing it would be how i could carry these things over to linux.  I don't have a cd burner to store them, and some of the files are bigger that a floppy.  The only thing i can think of is keeping them on the second drive while the first drive makes the conversion to linux, then im hoping that in linux i can still access the non-linux second drive, put it's contents onto the first drive than convert the second drive to linux.  If that can be done, could you  expalain how?

also, is there any way to still use Win95 apps in linux, i like to make techno music on my computer and would like to carry over my production music(and video games for that matter) to linux, is this possible??

thanks for any info you can give me, also if you can think of anything else usefull to a linux newbie like me, please send it.

Joshua Klessig