xemacs problem

apt-get does stop every time I want to run it while it is processing
xemacs20-support. I wanted to do

dpkg --remove xemacs20-support

on which xemacs20-nomule depends, so I said

dpkg --remove xemacs20-nomule

this gives:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of xemacs20-nomule:
 calc depends on emacsen; however:
  Package emacsen is not installed.
  Package xemacs20-nomule which provides emacsen is to be removed.
  Package emacs20 which provides emacsen is not configured yet.
.
.
.

But I don't want to remove emacs! Just xemacs which causes the problem.

Does anybody know how I can either configure xemacs20 correctly, so
apt-get will work again, or how I can remove just xemacs without
removing emacs?

Stef