Re: xroastcd fails to verify

On 23 Jun 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:

> Cdrecord's website (as well as cdrdao's) states that it won't work with
> the drive if it has firmware <4.14, because it isn't compliant with
> SCSI standards or smth to that effect. You have 4.10. If I were you,
> I'd upgrade the firmware to start with.

How safe is it ot upgrade firmware?  I have a Ricoh 7040 and the author of
cdrecord suggested that I upgrade my firmware to 1.3.  I have never done
this before.  What are the chances of wrecking the CD-RW e.g. in case of a
power failure?

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he
      is old, he will not depart from it."    Proverbs 22:6