Debian hierarchy : changing it

I think the Debian hierarchy is very out of date and unappropriated.

1 ) I'm not sure but I think the content of non-free should be  splited :
there should be a non-free which is non-free because of non-free features :
e.g. : converting to gif. These software could be moved to a new section,
couldn't they ? All these software must accept being freely redistributed.

and a non-free section because of restriction in redistribution, use...

2 ) The spliting (admin, devel,x11...) is too old. There is too many
software in each of these categories. I think we should allow making
subdirectories like

admin/pkg
admin/users

net/mua
net/mta

3 ) the base section would be a special section where there would be a
majority of symlinks...

4 ) ALL The docs should be located in the docs/ section (e.g. apache-doc
and a lot of other are not, so it's not logic)

So,
 - It will be easier to find all the programs which are for a common task : e.g.
   managing users, packages, reading/sending mail, ...
 - The archives grows days after days and it will be soon unusable if there
   is 3 or 4 hundreds packages in the same dir.
 - It's cleaner : ALl the packages would be in their section and we won't
   say : I think it's a base package, so I will seach it in the base
   section...
 - It's more efficient : When we don't know exactly what we want to do but
   want for example managing users, we won't have to search keywords that
   are appropriate or typing dpkg --info on all packages to see what they
   are doing.

If you think it's a good idea, I fell ready to make a new hierarchy and a
policy.

--
        | Sami Dalouche  | samid@ifrance.com  | AIM : linhax    |