NFS server

Hey all.  Much thanks for the references for installation procedures.
I'm in danger of actually making progress. ;-)

I am completely stuck in part of the system installation, however.  I
have the prompt:

---
Please choose the NFS server and the mount path of the NFS filesystem
that contains the Debian archive.
Enter them in this way:  server:/ftp/debian
---

What I don't understand is:
(1) does Debian have a standard NFS from which I can access the
archive?  Do I need to use my own 'local' NFS?  Am I completely insane
and talking about something that doesn't exist?

(2) Also, is the description 'server:/ftp/debian' a template; i.e. use
the exact colon, slashes, insert server & path info.. ?  Should it say
protocol://server/ftp/debian/... ?

I welcome direct emails, if anyone has time, in addition to the list
posting.  I'm really confused.  Thanks!

Pete Vanderburgh
Verio Web Hosting, Vienna, VA.
(703)749-7955 x1306