Configuring PPP

Hello List.

Please excuseme if this questions has popped up recently.  I'm new to the
list.

I'm trying to configure PPP for Debian 2.1.  My base system has been
installed.  I run pppconfig as root and answer the questions there and
then make sure that the files specified in the PPP section 7.25 of the
manual do have the informatin needed(according to the instructions).

I then type:

pon <enter>
plog <enter>

I get the error:
pppd:Connection failed
pppd:Exit

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

\_ Isabelle Poueriet   \_
\_ bella@bway.net      \_
\_ http://www.bway.net \_
Q. How many Microsoft Engineers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. None.  They declare "darkness", the standard.