Re: Compaq Deskpro 6000 install trouble

I ran into the same problem today. My beast is a Compaq Deskpro 6000
with Adaptec SCSI card (2940U) and an IDE-CDROM.

Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca) wrote:
:
: > > The problem I'm aware of with the Compaq Deskpro 6000 was a a
: > > model sold two years ago with an Adaptec SCSI card (2940U).  The
: > > PC would reboot.
: > >
: > > Do you have such a controller?  I thought this was solved in
: > > recent Debian boot disks.
: >
: > That would be the beast I am working with. I am booting directly from the
: > slink  CDROM.
:
: Ah.  Try building a boot rescue disk using the images at:
:
:  http://www.debian.org/~adric/aic7xxx/slink/5.1.15/

 We tried this boot disk as well. But the maschine rebooted after
 probing the IDE controller.

 Has anyone a futher idee how we can get this machine running?

 Thanx
 /alex

: [..deleted ..]

--