From: harsh@lanl.gov
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: ld/Xm/Xt question
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 07:21:14 -0700 (MST)

A few weeks ago I wrote and asked about a problem with X on Slink. Due to the under whelming response (including the developers list, except for Oleg who did give me some useful info) I upgraded to XFree 3.3.3 from the netgod.net site.
My test case, at first it appeared to fix the problem but my main app was
still broken. I noticed by reading the straces of the application runs that on my test case that worked I had -lXm before -lXt, and the main app had -lXT -lXm
on the compile line. Both cases compiled cleanly, without warnings
or errors, just the app with -lXt -lXm would seg fault and with -lXm -lXt the
app would run sucessfully.

Is this a problem with the loader/linker or Lesstif or in XFree?