Re: PGP troubles

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999, Christian Dysthe wrote:

   Hi,

   I installed the pgp 2.6.2-us on my potato box. I use it with XFmail and it
   works fine.

   The problem is that I actually have friends running Windows (!) and
   I can not verify their signatures. They use PGP 6.0.2 and when I
   try to verify I an error messaged telling me the ASCII armor has an
   error: "HASH: Sha1". The people using PGP 6.0.2 also say they can
   not verify my signature.

   Aren't these versions of PGP compatible? What can I do? Can I
   install PGP 5 and hope that will work?

Installing PGP 5 should fix it.  You might want to look into gnupg, as
it should handle both types of keys.

Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>