Which FTAPE?

Thanks to recent help from Nico Galoppo & Peter Makholm I have installed the
crucial RPM's that I need using Alien. They work great!!

Now that I know I will be able to use this system I wish to load my files from
tapes. I am confused over whether I should have Ftape selected in the drivers
selection screen during install or accept the package Ftape and Ftape-Utils
in dselect. They are automatically selected using the "Dial-Up" setup option.
I am using Cheapbytes "SLINK" CD's by the way. Should I have one of these or
both?

I see the config stage of dselect report that this version of Ftape is for
Kernal 2.0.34. I believe the CD's automatically install version 2.0.36. Is this
the problem?

On my other system I compile ftape-3.04d as a module but the process I use
assumes a /usr/src/linux that is not on Debian.

I would then use:-

modprobe zftape ; modprobe zft-compressor
tar xvf /dev/nqft0

to restore.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction.

Paul Clark