Re: xfree 3.3.3 for slink

"Stephen A. Witt" wrote:

> > On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Alec Smith wrote:
> >
> > > For Slink XFree86 3.3.3.1, use
> > >
> > > deb http://ftp.netgod.net x/
>
> I just bought a Diamond Viper 550 video board and needed the xfree86
> 3.3.3.1 SVGA xserver so I installed the slink xfree86 3.3.3.1 from
> ftp.netgod.net and its been working fine: for at least two days. There's
> even a Package.gz file so you can point dselect (apt) right at it.
>
> Thanks netgod!!

Same here.  I bought a Diamond Viper 550 after it was recommended
to me on this list last week.  Both it and my older Matrox
Millenium use the SVGA server, so I didn't have to touch
_anything_ to get the new card to work under Linux (my monitor is
the limiting factor anyway, using 1600x1200@76Hz).

Interesting bit... After 3 hours of trying, I still can't get
Win95 to use the Diamond Viper 550 correctly!  After rebooting it
stays stuck on the `Windows' loading display.  There is justice
after all :-)

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada