Re: difference between magicfilter and apsfilter

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 10:31:41PM +0200, Thorsten Manegold wrote:
> Hi!
> I sent this question before but did not receive any reply, so I try again:
>
> What is the difference between magicfilter and apsfilter?
> As far as I can tell they both do about the same.
> Is one better?

Yes, they essentially do the same thing, although not exactly in the
same manner.  IIRC, apsfilter went for a long while without any updates
and magicfilter covered more printers.  I recently saw an announcement
on c.o.l.a. for a new apsfilter, so this has undoubtedly changed.

I expect magicfilter is better for some printers, while apsfilter is
better for others.  I've had good results with both and am currently
using magicfilter.

Bob